Friday, June 20, 2008

Three km walk

Two days ago,it was saringan day.I participated in the 3km walk.Before that,I didn't know that there is such event for sports day.

When I arrived on the field,I went to register myself.Surprisingly my name wasn't on the list.I started to worry a little.I tried to look for Chi Sin but he was nowhere to be found on the field.Thank goodness Wei Voon and ajks were looking for a solution.They showed the registration form for all the events to one of the teacher.It was really obvious that I was a registered contestant.

Thankfully I got to participate in this walk.The event started after garisan dan mula.All the contestant started to walk.We were not allowed to run even a little.Just pure walking.I took my sweet time walking.After a quarter of a round,Encik Zul started shouting.OI panjang apa u sedang buat??

I was like okay!WALK FASTER.haha.

I started to catch up.Contestant by contestant.It was really good when you have the supporters behind you.Cheering for you.Shouting your name.HONG TEN!HONG TEN!

Li Yan shouted if u win I spend you ice cream.Even people that I don't know cheered for me.It was a wonderful experience.Slowly I have overtake several contestants.There were three more ahead of me.I slowly overtake them one by one.Every single overtake,the crowd cheer for me.

When I was second,I locked my target on the first contestant.I tried to overtake him.Whenever he sees me behind him,he will speed up.I tried again until I succeed.Since then I was first.Then I continued my walk.Every single steps,the crowd was cheering for me.It was awesome.I kept up my pace.

Every time I dropped by the starting line,they will tell us how many rounds more to go.People at the line cheer for me too.They shouted tall red shirt guy faster.I was like :p When I was in the final two rounds.I started to overtake contestants.I tried to established my lead and to make sure by the time the second contestant overtake the others,I have establish the lead.I succeed and I even overtook 1 of the school athlete that was first for the first half of the race.It was great.Then I started to speed up.

I arrived at the finishing line.They were clapping for me.I was contented.It was a wonderful day.
I have won the 3km walk.Teachers and students started to congratulate me.Even people that I don't recognize shook my hand and congratulate me.I was happy.

18th of June was a meaningful day :)

No comments: